Saturday, May 26, 2012

Impromptu Book Club

One of my favorite parts of the day is greeting the children as they arrive in the morning. Technically, they're supposed to put their bags away and head straight to the Hall to wait for assembly, but I never mind having them congregate in the classroom for a little while first. It's in those early, unplanned moments that some of the best discoveries and connections take place.

Take last Sunday: I had just pulled a new stack of books on transportation from the library. As the children arrived, a most magical thing happened, and I realized I needed to get my camera, and quick!





Look at that exchange of information! Text referencing! Page turning! Social skill building! Not to mention the looks of pure joy on their faces. As I've said before, I live for these unplanned, authentic moments of learning. Bliss.

No comments:

Post a Comment